Welcome to the VES wiki! Here you can find out user-donated information on all sorts of programming info for the Channel F.
The VESWiki was set up as a repository for information related to the VES and VES programming. Some of the many things we'd like to make available are disassemblies, console or technical information, tutorials and guides for both software and hardware, code snippets, and complete games. We encourage you to add any information you have, or to make a page promoting your own game (which you can host here, if you like).
If you'd like to get started programming games for the Channel F, try downloading the
Development Pack (.zip, 3.8 MB).
It includes the DASM assembler, the MESS emulator and Pac-Man as a sample game that you can edit, compile and test. Just unpack it and doubleclick ..\devel\games\pacman\!compile+run.bat and it should start right up. Press Esc to leave the debugger.
Read up on the guides below and have fun!
(all links working 4th Nov 2013)
- Channel F Programming List
- Sean Riddle's Channel F Info
- Sean Riddle's Channel F Multicart
- Channel F and Videobrain Mailing List
- Sean Riddle's Channel F Programming Info
- Lowell O. Turner's Home Page- Fairchild F8 Info
- Lowell O. Turner's Home Page- Fairchild F8 Instruction Set